single family rental
Our Single-Family Rental (SFR) Practice Group exhibits Duval & Stachenfeld LLP’s interdisciplinary
The single-family rental market has been a very hot asset class over the last few years and appears to show no signs of slowing down (and we think will likely get even “hotter” in the post-COVID 19 era).
Duval & Stachenfeld has been an active participant in this area for many years and continues to see first-hand an increase in interest from investors (i.e., those looking for capital and those interested in making capital investments) and lenders looking to get into this area.
Our Single-Family Rental (SFR) Practice Group exhibits Duval & Stachenfeld LLP’s interdisciplinary "pure play" approach by drawing upon its joint venture, restructuring, finance, land use, and tax attorneys. In addition, there is a great deal of overlap with the firm’s best-in-class team of attorneys who comprise the Homebuilders Practice Group and Finance Practice Group.
- Acquisitions of portfolios of single-family homes for rent
- Joint ventures with developers to provide investment capital for the acquisition of properties for single-family homes for rent development
- Acquisitions and dispositions of raw land and entitled home sites.
- Unique SFR strategies, including, as an example, a strategy allowing renters to transition to direct homeownership
- Acquisitions of pools of nonperforming loans encumbering single-family homes
- Acquisitions of real estate owned (REO) single-family homes
- Aggregation of portfolios house-by-house and pool-of-houses by pool-of-houses
- Acquisition, construction, bridge and permanent financings, from both lender and borrower positions
- Joint ventures, transaction platforms, and other business combinations between homebuilders and equity providers,
- Land use, development, and construction
- Workouts and restructurings
- Tax issues arising from SFR transactions
As always, we continue our mission To Help Our Clients Grow Their Businesses, and this is very relevant for this fast growing asset class. This is our value add platform led by our Chairman, Bruce Stachenfeld and our business development team. Our team has spent the past ten years assembling an incredible list of contacts throughout every level of the real estate world. We are here to help our clients grow, whether it is a need for capital, for a high-quality sponsor to help investors get access to these types of assets, or for consulting and strategizing on how to best position a client’s company for success in the current environment and the future,