Repurposing Real Estate
Our team is dedicated to helping our clients
We believe that repurposing real estate is one place where fortunes in the real estate world will be made in coming years.
Our team is dedicated to helping our clients "create" deals out of the repurposing of real estate, and has been handling these types of transactions for years and is an invaluable partner for clients.
This practice pulls together almost all aspects of our Pure Play in Real Estate®, including:
- Creative deal-making
- Even more creative deal un-making (i.e., restructuring) to permit repurposing
- Joint ventures
- Land use, zoning, and similar matters
- Litigation and bankruptcy (some of the time that is where these deals will come from)
- Leasing, re-leasing, and lease restructuring
- Ground leases
- REA's and vertical subdivisions
- Co-working, co-living, flexible office and residential
- Mixtures of operating businesses with real estate assets
And so much more. Our Pure Play's strength is our ability to take the brain trusts from different aspects of the law firm to create a bespoke plan for almost any asset of any kind anywhere.
The Repurposing Practice focuses on the legal issues associated with these types of transactions and the business issues as well.
Our expertise on the business side will encompass:
- An Unparalleled Industry Knowledge Base
- An Incredibly Bevy of Connections
- Sourcing Capital, Sponsors, and Other Parties
- Knowledge of Pitfalls
- Making Repurposing Deals Happen
- Magnet for Ideas
For all of these reasons, we believe we have a competitive advantage in assisting our clients in this next iteration of real estate.