Ilya Leyvi is the co-chair of the firm’s Real Estate Finance Practice and regularly represents lenders and borrowers with bridge loans, construction loans, mezzanine loans, commercial mortgage-backed securities loans, and preferred equity investments involving hotel, retail, office, self-storage, and multi-family properties.
Some of Ilya Leyvi’s notable transactions include:
- $40 million refinancing of a newly-constructed beach resort in Florida, subject to an existing EB-5 mezzanine loan, for an asset management firm
- $175 million construction financing of a luxury residential development in Los Angeles with a mortgage and mezzanine loan for a real estate fund
- $23 million mezzanine construction financing of a leasehold interest in a condominium mixed-use development in Brooklyn, New York for a publicly-traded alternative asset manager
- $55 million refinancing of a hotel resort in Puerto Rico for a private equity real estate company
- Simultaneous origination and warehousing of a $21 million mortgage loan on a ground lease interest in a retail center in Texas
- Acquisition of an assemblage in New York City for the development of a luxury residential project and the associated mortgage and mezzanine financing
- $386 million refinancing of a luxury residential development in New York City with construction mortgage and mezzanine financing for a family office
- Acquisition of a portfolio of franchised hotels across the United States valued at $260 million and the associated mortgage and mezzanine financing
- Simultaneous origination and sale of a $32 million mortgage loan on a portfolio of skilled nursing facilities in Connecticut
- Acquisition of a significant interest in the owner of a portfolio of hotels throughout the nation valued at approximately $1 billion
Mr. Leyvi joined the firm in 2013 and is a graduate of Cornell Law School and received his B.B.A. from CUNY Baruch College – Zicklin School of Business
Mr. Leyvi is admitted to practice only in New York. .
- Super Lawyers: New York Metro Rising Star: 2017-2020