Our Security Systems Practice Group is the leading practice group representing corporate clients in the electronic security, alarm monitoring and home automation fields.
Practice Group Leader: Timothy J. Pastore
The Group is national in scope – having provided advisory and litigation services in various states to five of the top eight largest cable companies in the country.
The Security Systems Practice Group is headed by Timothy J. Pastore – a former military lawyer and Special Assistant U.S. Attorney. Tim’s prior experience in law enforcement and asset protection uniquely qualify him to advise and/or litigate on behalf of the Firm’s security clients. Under Tim’s leadership, the Security Systems Practice Group counsels clients on various issues including:
- All aspects of commercial and residential alarm installation and service and retail and wholesale central station alarm monitoring
- Security and monitoring agreements, operational practices and protocols
- Enforcement of security and monitoring agreements, including exculpatory provisions such as limitations of liability, third-party indemnification and waiver of subrogation
- Defense or prosecution of unfair competition, trade secret, Lanham Act and other business protection claims
- Enforcement of confidentiality, non-competition and non-solicitation agreements
- Defense of wage and independent contractor claims
- Video monitoring and surveillance protocols
- Verified alarm response and false alarm mitigation
- Licensing and permitting
- Acquisition/sale of residential and commercial security accounts
Regardless of who we represent, we provide capable and informed advice and tireless representation in court. In fact, our attorneys have successfully litigated a myriad of security-specific matters in courts across the county. To name just a few, we have:
- Won injunctive and other relief against a former top sales manager for improper solicitation of customer accounts, breach of fiduciary duty, and breach of non-compete, non-solicitation, and confidentiality agreements.
- Won injunctive relief and monetary damage award against a competitor in federal court for trademark infringement and dilution, unfair competition, unjust enrichment and violation of the Lanham Act.
- Successfully defended claims of wrongful termination, negligent representation, promissory estoppel and breach of contract brought by an employee terminated for falsifying his employment application.
- Won summary judgment in state court in favor of a retail electronic security company in a case involving multiple deaths and significant exposure.
- Won dismissal of all claims in a multi-party personal injury action involving alleged negligent installation and design of fire detection systems.
- Advised a national client with a large subcontractor workforce on various state independent contractor laws to insulate it from potential wage and benefit claims from the independent dealers and subcontracted security systems installers.
- Led successful investigations, together with the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and the New York Police Department's Computer Crimes Unit, involving the improper sale and national distribution of copyrighted and personalized alarm panel software.
With a record of success and a wide spectrum of experience, our Security Systems Practice Group has earned the trust of its sophisticated corporate clients. We welcome a discussion on how we can help you protect and grow your business.